Thursday

THE TABERNACLE -- PRISON / SACRAMENT OF FREEDOM


Hebrews, 12;22 - 24
22 But what you have come to is Mount Zion and the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem where the millions of angels have gathered for the festival,
23 with the whole Church of first-born sons, enrolled as citizens of heaven. You have come to God himself, the supreme Judge, and to the spirits of the upright who have been made perfect;
24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant,  to purifying blood which pleads more insistently than Abel's.

Wow !! I have just read this Scripture about the church. Now I realize that the message found in this is about the wholeness of the church (the Catholicity).  I am just taking this a bit closer to home, a little bit more personally.
Every time I enter “St. Christopher’s Catholic Church”. The meaning of these Scriptures comes to come to my mind.
I enter into the **Presence of our King Jesus Christ**, not only in spirit but in physical form also. There is a metal container on the side (my right side as I face Center Stage) where the Host of the Eucharist is . Considering the belief that this Host is the Presence of Jesus Christ, this would mean that I am therefore bathed in the very Presence of God !!
I am not going to elaborate on the many gyrations that others manifest before this metal object, as I have witnessed many doing, throughout my years of Eucharistic Visitation.  I personally behave differently as I reverence the Reality of the Presence of the Lord Jesus Christ found at the tabernacle.
The Presence and Face of Jesus Christ is also found at such places as a beautiful sun rise, sun set, a star filled sky, and the smile of a baby. Let’s also see His Face in the many less cheerful settings throughout the Earth. The Lord’s
Presence is also where the hurting, starving victims of political manipulation, and the deceived intellectuals gather.
I am praying that the many that gaze endlessly at the metal container will open their hearts to the fact that Jesus Christ arrived here on Earth, to set the captive free. May I with Love as my motivation, begin to tell others of this need to be set free. The need we all have to see His Presence in the many every day moments of our lives, and the many faces of those who are suffering.
It is through action that we can begin a liberating effect that will cause many others to perceive the Presence and Face of Jesus Christ everywhere. The Scripture states this fact of liberation in the Second Letter to the Corinthians; that where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. [2 Cor. 3;17] Little by little, each of us sharing with each other the Love of Jesus Christ, will finally fill this Earth with the Kingdom of God .
                                                                                                 Br.Phil Bara

No comments: